Image Map

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Shabby Chic on the Cheap!

I just picked up a thirfted Shabby Chic chair yesterday, and I tucked it into a corner of our dinette.  I was completely enamored by the worn white paint,  the almost architectural styling, the neutral palette, the french burlap cushion, and the pretty taupe wicker too. I was a little worried about how it would fit with everything else... but I think it works there after all!  While I was shopping, I also found this vintage scoop and faux apples.  I thought it would make an adorable and simple display, and it did not disappoint once I transplanted everything!


Here's the scoop!  I love the patina and the contrast between the chair, the scoop, and apples!  I even love the chair's imperfections...like the slight bleeding of the white paint onto the wicker!  I think it just adds character and makes the chair look well-loved.


This is how the chair looks in the dinette.  After adding the chair, I felt that I needed to pull the blinds because it did look a little cluttered with our indoor furniture and outdoor furniture in plain sight.  This seemed to simplify things a bit... and I am kind of digging how it turned out.

 I also snagged this white tureen and the faux herbs yesterday.  If you ask me, it's a match made in Heaven!  :)  I love how this looks on our kitchen table.  I just added a little antique biscuit press for good measure.  Simple, classic, and beautiful.


 photo hewwo-signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment