Image Map

Monday, April 28, 2014

Lavender LOVE!

I have been revamping our kitchen decor pretty much non-stop for three years, and it is slowly starting to fall into place.  I bought an old vintage cutting board a while ago, and I had it propped up against the backsplash with some pretty pieces in front.  It was so simple... and I liked it.  I just felt like I wanted something more.  During one of my Target trips, I found this cute corkboard in the shape of a cutting board, and I knew right away that it had to come live at my home.  I also bought the thumbtacks to embellish it, and I decided to create a cross as a subtle reminder of our faith.  I love the way it looks with the mixed metal finishes!  Ultimately, I went shopping in my own house, and I decided to move my milk jug measuring cups next to this measuring vase.  I think the lavender gives it a shabby chic feel... and it makes me want to spend more time in my kitchen.  Some updates are simple... but they can make a huge impact on a space!


I am trying to decide whether I like the lavender all by itself or if I like it with this beautiful hammered spoon.  Right now, the spoon is on display.  We'll see how long it stays like that.  I can be a very fickle creature when it comes to decorating, but usually that allows me to move things all over my house and do a lot of "redecorating" with things we already have.  That's half of the fun, right?



 photo hewwo-signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment