Image Map

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Our "Entry"

As much as I love our open floor plan, sometimes I have entry envy.  Sometimes I really wish we had a distinct entry or mudroom.  I blame Pinterest.  :)  Regardless of who (or what) I peg as my scapegoat, I seriously have drooled over entries for a while, and shed a few hypothetical tears over the traditional entry we do not have.  I did not give up on my dream, however, and that dream recently came to fruition.  This is our new "entry". 


I LOVE it!  The pillar is so classic and yet so fun, and  I love how it looks with the architectural salvage piece.  I am obsessed with the gray urn as well.  I think it looks amazing.  (I have a thing for urns.)  I love that the pussy willows echo the gray color of the urn in such a simplistically beautiful way!  The canvas is from TJ Maxx, and it displays one of our wedding programs, so it is SO special to me.  It's one of my favorite pieces in our entire house.  And...I think the fleur de lis mirror just rounds out the space.  I LOVE it.  LOVE... all caps. This tiny little project pales in comparison to some of the other projects we have worked on over the last few years, but it reminded me that, as cliche as it is, when life hands you lemons, you have to make lemonade, or stop crying about it.  :)


When we first moved in, our house was nice... but very vanilla.  Over the past four years, I have been really strategic and methodical about the pieces I have brought into our house and the changes that have been made.   We changed flooring, paint colors, fixtures, and slowly but surely, our house is starting to feel like a cozy little farmhouse... minus the farm...and if you ask me... that's about as close to perfect as it gets.

 photo hewwo-signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment