Image Map

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fabulous Fall

When I was younger, I really relished summertime.  I LOVED every minute of it.  As I've gotten older, I have started to appreciate the beauty of fall a lot more.  I just adore every shade of orange, red, and yellow.  Love, love, love! 


This year, it's taken me a little bit longer to decorate for fall, but I am finally getting around to it.  Slowly, but surely.  :)  Decorating a home is an expensive endeavor, no matter how thrifty you are, so I am chipping away at holiday decor a little bit at a time.  This is how everything  looks at the moment.

Now, I know my mantle isn't your typical fall mantle, but I basically LOVE it.  It looks so collected and eclectic, and it definitely does it for me.  :)


I mean who doesn't want a nice fall botanical next to a magnifying glass. a bunny cloche, and a tiny little cow creamer?!   Right?! 


On the other far side, you can see a few more eclectic elements.  I am basically obsessed with old salvaged architectural pieces, as you can probably tell. I also love to mix metals... and I love the contrast between black and white.  It makes my heart go pitter-pat.  {Sigh}



My teacher heart simply couldn't resist picking up this sweet little concrete apple.  :) It's so presh!


I also couldn't resist this printer's block.  I love how looks next to my bronze-esque monogram!

I didn't do anything crazy in our dinette or kitchen.  I pretty much just layered a fall foilage runner over our burlap runner, and then added a few pumpkins for good measure.  :)


I've had this potpourri pumpkin for a few years, and it's still one of my favorites.  Simple & lovely!


I've also had this mercury glass pumpkin for a few years.  I have been searching for more of them, but I don't want to pay Pottery Barn prices, so I am going to continue to stalk and hope I find another at Marshalls or TJ Maxx instead!  I'm a cheapskate!  Guilty!


Friends, how cute is this basket?!  I picked it up from a local vintage boutique.  In fact, I may have an addiction, and I may go there a lot.  :)  One of the owners, Susan, has a great blog called Must Love Junk.  If you like the vintage aesthetic... you should check it out!  They even have an Etsy shop for all of you out-of-towners! 


I love the contrast between the rustic cutting board and the shiny orange pumpkin... and I feel like the burlap ties it all together in a really simple and beautiful way.



This fabulous French accent piece is spattered with orange, black, and green paint, and I LOVE it.


How precious are these little chevron pumpkins?!  I love the exposed seems and wooden stems! 


Of course, no fall display is complete without a few gourds.  Am I right?!  This pair is hanging out on a tray for the time being.  When I bought them at my favorite little boutique, they were hanging on an S-hook by happenstance, and I loved the presentation of it. So, now I am convinced that I need to buy one to hang these puppies somewhere.  Ha!  Soon.


Okay, and although I admit that I may have an unhealthy obsession with burlap, I couldn't resist this pillow either.  The embroidery is so dainty and sweet.


Do you want to know another obsession of mine though?!  Velvet pumpkins... and sweater pumpkins.  Currently, I just have one velvet pumpkin.  This one!  Sooner or later, I will be purchasing a sweater pumpkin or two though.  Mark my word! ;)



 Well, that concludes my fall decor tour.  I think I'm going to go back to salivating over my dream dining room.  :)  What do you think?!  A girl can dream, right?!



  photo hewwo-signature.png

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Everything looks amazing! Love your fun mantel!
    Thanks for the shout-out :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete