Image Map

Monday, May 20, 2013

Smoky Sweet Potato Burgers, Corn Cakes, & Avocado Salsa!

I haven't had a lot of free time for blogging, so I've been staying in touch through Instragram.  :)  There's just something about the end of the school-year that zaps my energy and eats up all of my spare time.  (Something like benchmarks, testing, grading, report cards, and end of the year shenanigans.)   Plus, I'm TRYING my hardest to carve out enough time to work on an upcoming workshop.  So, it's been a challenge not to fall into a boxed meal kind of pattern lately.  Although Hamburger Helper is quick and easy... nothing beats homemade meals.  Since I AM pretty busy right now with my paper mountain, I am trying to keep my hubby well-fed so he knows I still love him!  :)  These are two meals that have recently piqued the interest of several of my Instagram followers, so I wanted to quickly share them.

The first meal is a Smoky Sweet Potato Burger with Roasted Garlic Cream and Avocado.  Friends, this was sensational.  It's several of my favorite foods combined into one glorious dream... on a bun.  Mr. Wonderful loved it too.  I served it with Roasted Corn with a Basil-shallot Vinaigrette


I made the second Instragrammed meal last night:  Cheesy Corn Cakes {minus the spicy salsa}.  We love spicy food, but I had been chomping at the bits to try another avocado salsa recipe.  It was heavenly.  Just heavenly.  


Do you want to know what makes me excited?!  I'm starting to find healthier recipes that taste like flavor bombs.  :)  Plus, they are perfect summer meals wrapped in a pretty little package!  

 photo hewwo-signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment