Image Map

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Oh, Hewwo!


Well, here we go!  My name is Amanda, and I have been an edu-blogger for about three years over at One Extra Degree!  :)  I am a third grade teacher, and I am truly passionate about my career and my kiddos, but I have other hobbies and interests too.  I am excited to share lots of posts with you about  home decor, recipes, fashion, life, school, and faith.   Hopefully this will help my existing followers see that I do, in fact, have a full life outside of teaching!  Pinky swear!

So, let's just go ahead and talk about the elephant in the room, shall we?   Let's just go ahead and discuss the name of my blog.  "Oh, Hewwo!"  I have a confession to make:  my hubs and I have a distinct voice for our dog Loralei. We talk to her, and yes, she "talks" back to us on occasion.  Yes, we are THOSE people.  She sounds a little bit like Elmer Fudd, but it's a little squeakier and "her voice"  has more of a nasal resonance to it. Ha!  Can you hear it?!  Bahahaha!  Mr. Wonderful and I have a rockin' good time together.  On the regular.  Life is WAY too short to be serious all of the time.  Right?!? Why NOT give your adorable pooch an entertaining voice?! That's what I always say!


So, now that I've already established we are whack-a-doodles, allow me to formally introduce the rest of the the family.  This is a picture of me, Amanda, on the happiest day of my life!

This is the LOVE of my LIFE.  :)  I am SO BLESSED to be married to my absolute best friend!


As I already mentioned, I am SO excited to share a variety of different posts with you over time!  Here's  a sampling of what you can look forward to!



YAY!!!  I am getting excited already!  Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg!  Be prepared for a whole lot of randomness!  :)   Until next time...



 photo hewwo-signature.png

6 comments:

  1. Super cute new blog Amanda! I could TOTALLY hear your doggie's voice! So cute! I look forward to reading your posts on this blog too! It's always fun to find a great new recipe or helpful hint or just see the other side of us "teacher bloggers." :o)

    œKaryn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who imagines that my dog has his own voice. They have their own little personalities, don't they? :) Your wedding pictures look beautiful! Love your new blog! :) - Christina

    Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! I just started my personal blog too - it is way more scary than my teacher blog lol!

    I am excited to follow along :)

    Susan
    Late Nights & Lattes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! So excited that you are starting this blog. I already love you on One Extra Degree, so I know I will love this too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Love the adorable picture of your pooch. We have a small Yorkie that looks like a little baby... Whenever my husband and I imagine her "talking" we always act as though she has a speech problem (like a little baby)... We didn't realize this was weird until recently haha! Glad to know we aren't the only ones that do this. :)

    Bri
    The Price of Teaching

    ReplyDelete